Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reminders of a Great Beginning


The girls were playing bride and groom /Prince Charming and Cinderella. I offered to let the girls watch my wedding video that Jenn's dad did for us. This is the first time I have thought to let them see it. They loved it, commented on all the family they saw, and asked lots of questions. I really enjoyed revisiting my wedding day and I cried again, so much love in the air!






 Another great reminder I have of the beginning of my life as a married woman is my Angel Trumpet Tree that is in full bloom right now. I first saw one of these trees in full bloom in San Francisco on my honeymoon. I fell in love with its beauty and try to have one in each warm weather house I live at. This is the first time I had more then 5 blooms. Today I counted 23 blooms!!!!!

This love for Karl is awesome more than seven years into marriage, and it is awesome to be reminded of the great beginnings. 

5 comments:

  1. Showing them your wedding video is a great idea! It was a sweet, sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a beautiful wedding, and I know your girls must have loved watching you "all dressed up like a princess" (that's what my kids say when they see the wedding pictures). Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun. I bet your girls were enthralled. I know Claire has enjoyed looking at our wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plant is gorgeous.

    Being a Mom here. Remember that all parts of the angel trumpet are very poisonous. Make sure that the girls don't put any part in their mouths.
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fragrant/msg112040522506.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww... so sweet. I like the picture of the girls arm-in-arm watching the video

    ReplyDelete