Monday, December 5, 2011

Some things never change!

 Both of the girls have picked up the habit of falling asleep with the overhead light on. I did it when I was a kid and completely understand the sense of security it brings. But I love it because I get to see their sweet faces after they fall asleep. I have taken so many pictures of them sleeping lately since the lighting is good enough to snap a picture. I have a lot of Brady sleeping with a purse on her shoulder and cuddling with her baby doll. Reese like mentioned in other posts finds the craziest poses to happen to fall asleep in. The other night Karl told me to go look how sweet Reese looked. When I walked in I immediately flash backed almost exactly three years ago.

The baby picture of Reese was taken probably the first week after she was born. So right before Christmas 2008. The older picture was taken two days ago on the 2nd. So they are three weeks shy of being three years apart. 

Either that tan bear, AKA "blue", has either gotten a lot smaller or Reesey Poo is growing too fast!

Ps: Another thing that makes me laugh when looking at the two pictures, is the contrast of color. There isn't a single drop of pink in the baby pic, but it is on her PJs, comforter and water bottle in the toddler pic. I used to think I would have tomboys, but I certainly love me girly girls (more than I would have any tomboy)!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...Reese really is growing up so fast. It is hard to believe it has been three years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie. I can't believe how much Reese still looks like that baby picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and three years later she still doesn't use blankets. I think you also forgot the mention the pink nail polish on that girlie girl. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe you REMEMBERED AND FOUND that picture of her from three years ago GIVEN THAT YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! I had the WORST pregnancy brain ... ;)

    ReplyDelete