Thursday, April 26, 2012

Leader of the Day

Reese was leader of the day at preschool last Tuesday. I know I have posted several times about this role on this blog, but it is a big deal to my girls.

The Saturday before she was set to perform this task Reese was up before anyone else. When I wake up second, I see that she has a dress from her closet hanging on her door knob. I comment on how she already picked her outfit for the day... "No mommy, that is for Tuesday, when I am leader of the day!" I have to explain to her that the class is having a walking field trip and all the teachers asked the students to wear their Montessori shirt. "Mommy, I will put that on AFTER I am leader of the day." Alrighty then...

There are two (of many) responsibilities the leader of the day holds that both my girls love. Calling names and show and tell. Guess what Reese choose to 'show and tell'...


I didn't press record in time but when the teacher asked her what she brought to share, she stood up twisting her hips and said my twirly dress. I LOVED it. Then she slowly walked about the line allowing her friends to touch this oh so magical dress. One of the boys even asked, what is inside of the dress to make it do that?!?!?!

How do I manage to raise such girly girls?

Another responsibility of the leader of the day is to change the date on the calendar. They may bring one friend to assist them in this task. When asked who Reese wanted to have help her, the picture below shows her excitement as she proudly and loudly states "Brady"
 Then, this picture shows Brady's happiness to have been chosen by her sister...
I am so so so glad these girls LOVE each other!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! What special moments! So glad that you were there to record it on both video and pics!

    ReplyDelete