Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pre-Easter Festivities

We got the chance to participate in so many Easter Egg hunts that I have to make a post separate from the holiday itself.

Our first party we attending was for our playgroup.
 We did a craft of yarn eggs to start off (you pop the water balloon a day later to have beautiful yarn eggs.
 Then the most sought after part...the egg hunt!


 Yes, Reese choose her heart (valentine's) dress to be the 'perfect' Easter dress....
Egg hunts with a small group of friends is always so much more pleasant then the ones open to the public!

We also attended a neighborhood Easter party complete with a bounce house. I decided to not take photograph since I (unfortunately) do not know most of the kids (we have had quite a few move in and out the last 6 months). But the girls had a blast and we really appreciated the neighborhood family who opened their home to us and invited the ENTIRE neighborhood.

Yesterday we attended an Easter event hosted by the Navy. We always enjoy what the base does for the service members' families and love these free events. We also ran into a couple of our friends there which is always a plus!

Here are the girls in their custom Easter dresses and bonnets made by my mom, as I always say, she has so much talent. I love you mom, thanks! The girls loved that the dresses almost touched the ground.
 Father daughter love, enough to melt a pregnant momma's heart!
 Waiting for the three year olds to have a run for eggs.
 Easter fedora?!?!?!
 And she is off....
 She was picky and picked mostly only pink and purple eggs...she could have doubled her egg count.
 Now the 4 year olds turn. Brady brought tears to my eyes as she floated around the field. She held her shoulders back with the sweetest posture, that combined with her dress just got the best of me!

 Craft time with our preschool friend.

 We ended the afternoon with a hayless hay ride! Best hay ride I have ever been on ;) 5 beautiful Easter ladies on a carriage ride, love it!

Spring is such a wonderful time of year and this spring has not let us down at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment