The girls were giving us performances in dress up clothes (a daily occurrence) today when my wheels started spinning. Today's matinee was held in the tiled foyer with the playroom in the background. I started mentally measuring the opening to the playroom...and I just had to ask for an intermission. My mental measuring was spot on and I proudly found the supplies around our house to create a backdrop for their performances. I was quite proud of myself (if you couldn't tell since I am blogging about it!) for my creativity. However, I did have to laugh when Brady excitedly proclaimed, "Now we have a dressing room!!!"
Here is a couple acts from today's matinee in the new outfitted auditorium...
A couple sidebar lessons:
-I have obviously moved a lot since I had a shower curtain, rod and hangars all at my disposable (without dismantling one of our three full baths).
-Raising kids in awesome (for many reasons) when you get to see how they see the world (even if it is way different then you) I see a backdrop, Brady sees a dressing room.
-My girls are way better at wearing high heels then I have EVER been.
-I think I will be attending many of performances in real auditoriums, whether for drama, dancing, or choir...these girls LOVE to perform.
Adding my applause for the awesome performances.
ReplyDeletethey are very talented indeed. I LOVE how Reese referred to Brady as her backup singer. They are too precious Christy!
ReplyDelete