A couple days ago, a muse came to visit her and she painted quite the masterpiece.

After the first red 'blob' I asked her what it was, she responded that it was a dinosaur. I found this perplexing since we hardly discuss dinosaurs and of her 1000 books only 1 is about dinosaurs. Then her next carefuly placed blob I stated look like a bird, and she said "yeah, that is a baby bird, I need to paint Big Bird!" Well as you can see from the labeled picture below, the rest of the picture just took off.

My favorite part of the painting was after she drew Cookie Monster, she had to paint him a cookie too. I also liked that Elmo has a nose and feet in a different color from his body. After painting Elmo's nose, Brady told me that Elmo has a big nose!
A trick that I learned from Disney's Family Fun magazine is to paint wooden pants hangers and use them to display artwork in playrooms. So here is the final product on display in the playroom. Notice Brady in the bottom corner of the picture because I had just hung up the picture and she was admiring it!

Lastly, here is the link to the video of Brady describing her artwork:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WPLd3uRBuVa_72Q_Uu77ig?feat=directlink
my walls need some art. love the hanger idea.
ReplyDeleteMy bet is the next Picaso. I love this blog. That baby bird is awesome. The proud look on Brady's face in the last picture is priceless.
ReplyDeleteAwww!!! Love the picture!!! Make sure you tell Brady we miss her!!! :) (and Reese too)
ReplyDelete