Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lambert's Cafe

Karl and I have always known about this restaurant near the Foley outlets that claim to be the home "Throwed Rolls" intriguing but it never drew us in the previous years we lived in FL. However, soon after we moved back this time Karl and I were watching the "Chowdown Countdown" on the travel channel and sure enough Lambert's Cafe and their throwed rolls were on there. We were sold. Watch the video on this link....

http://www.throwedrolls.com/default.asp

We went last night with our next door neighbors, Jeff and Danielle. WE HAD A BLAST!!!!



When you order an entrée,  like Chicken and dumplings, you get two sides, then they are constantly coming around with "pass-arounds". Servers walk around with huge pots of fried okra (YUM!) , black-eyed peas, cabbage, maccaroni and tomatoes, fried potatoes, etc and if you want some you just get their attention and they dump some on your plate, no extra charge!!!! And as for the "throwed rolls"...yep they throw them at you...

[caption id="attachment_277" align="alignnone" width="390" caption="I tried several times to get a shot of a roll in the air...but this is the guy that throws them"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_274" align="alignnone" width="390" caption="BOO eating her throwed roll...they are large!!!"][/caption]

Reese got cottage cheese as one of her sides...IT WAS A HUGE HIT WITH HER!

[caption id="attachment_273" align="alignnone" width="390" caption="licking the last curd of cottage cheese off the bowl"][/caption]



I love finding local eaterys that are fun for the whole family and good eats!

What is your favorite local eatery?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. My kind of food. I definitely want to go there when I come down next week.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete