Monday, January 3, 2011

A Christmas to Remember

I haven’t really gone into much detail about the Christmas day with the girls. I know we have all moved on to thinking about what 2011 will bring us. However, before we get too far from the holidays I wanted to jot down some memories from this past holiday season so that I can look back years to come.

 

  • The girls LOVED seeing Christmas lights on the houses. We probably drove around neighborhoods at least 10 different nights in December. The girls would announce which side they saw the lights on “Brady’s side” or “Reese’s side”. Then they would talk about the lights they saw “blue lights” Then it turned into hunting out things like “snowman” or “Christmas tree”. However, in one neighborhood there were a lot of nativity scenes, so the last few days of driving, the girls were all about finding a baby Jesus. We all really enjoyed these drives and look forward to doing them again. Poor Reese, still to this day, asks to “see lights” every time I buckle her in her car seat.
  • Also, we loved Maria, our elf on the shelf. Maria traveled with us to NC and VA. Every morning the girls would walk out of their bedrooms hunting for where she showed up that morning. Reese would say “where’s ee-ah?” Brady had lots of conversations with her and enjoyed meeting Maria’s best friend, Molly, at the Busch Gardens feast with Santa.
  • Since Thanksgiving, Brady will occasionally ask our family to “hold hands and talk.” Then I would ask her if she wants to say grace. So she has us all hold hands and close our eyes. She will talk for a good minute about different interactions of the day. Then the last two words she always says is “Grace Amen” She literally says grace!
  • At Christmas Dinner Karl asked the girls what their favorite part of Christmas was, Reese said “M&Ms” and Brady said “getting mic stand” Also the day before we had asked them what their favorite part of the two week trip was Reese said “seeing lights” and Brady said “opening presents”

1 comment:

  1. Precious memories to remember, Christy! Our kiddos loved seeing the lights too and would say "Nathan's side" or "Natalie's side"... How fun! And I just have to say that your description of Brady's prayer made me smile:) What a cutie she is!!!

    ReplyDelete