Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Fun Theory

So you have to go to funtheory.com and watch a few of the videos. It is an initiative by Volkswagen to have people do better things in life by simply making it fun. Like make it fun not to speed, or fun to throw away trash correctly, or recycle.

 

My favorite is this one:

 

http://www.thefuntheory.com/piano-staircase

 

I like this for many reasons. When I was in college I read in a magazine, the best way to get exercise in, when you have a busy schedule, is to add it in throughout your day. Things it suggested were parking at the back of the parking lot, or always using the stairs instead of elevator or escalator. I have tried to do this (a little more difficult with young kids) whenever I can! So it made me smile to watch what made people willing to get exercise in throughout the day.

 

Also,  I liked it because I recently realized I need exercise in general to be fun. I really look forward to Zumba. It is like I am in dance classes three days a week again! I will miss other events to Zumba, whereas I used to look for something to interfere with my scheduled exercise time!!!!

 

So if there is something you dread doing in general, see if you can make it fun in some way, then you are a lot more likely to do it!

 

Leave a comment about something you used to dread and made it fun and now like it? I want to hear your ideas! I need tips on how to make cooking dinner fun!

2 comments:

  1. Playing music makes anything more fun! We play lots of music when doing chores, making meals, putting away clothes, etc. Music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make work more bearable with audiobooks. i make cooking more fun by marring someone who likes to cook for me....now laundry and cleaning bathrooms that is what i need made fun.

    ReplyDelete