So as most of you know I spent four years of college training to become a teacher. I taught one year of math at Davis Drive Middle School. Didn't love it! After getting married, I worked at a couple Sylvan Learning Centers for almost 3 years and I liked that a lot. Well for the last two and a half years I have been a stay at home mom, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! So Karl and I have talked some but not written in stone when I will go back to work, the general agreement seems to be whenever our kids are all in school and I can go back to teaching and have the same schedule as them....wait...go back to teaching...the thought of it scares me and right now I am several years away from even applying for that job. I have even considered being "one of those women" and every time it is time for me to go back to work get pregnant with the next kid....KIDDING...(we will only have kids when the timing is right for the whole family!)
But you want to know why am I even thinking about all this right now, when it is something I shouldn't have to stress about for several years? Because one of my closest friends, Kristen, is so amazing at teaching that in her 4th year of teaching she got TEACHER OF THE YEAR for her school. Now she is going to be in the running for district teacher of the year....she is an amazing teacher!!! and here I am shaking in my boots to even step back in my classroom! Kristen, I wish I could be as awesome as you...CONGRATS
Oh my goodness! Way to go, Kristen! I had no idea that she won that award!!!!! Congrats to you!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Christy, I am right there with you- Not knowing what to do about the future! I love being a stay at home Mom too, and the thought of going back to the classroom exhausts me. But, my license expires next summer so I have got to figure out if I should renew it or let it go. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Congraulations to Kristen!!!!! Awesome recognition.
ReplyDelete