Ever since I was a mother, I have said I want my children to not take dance (or gymnastics) since those activities have a very high rate of body image issues. I dealt body image issues as a teen and I don’t want my girls to do the same.
Well here I am 3.5 years into being a mom and this week Brady is starting ballet on Friday and Reese is starting gymnastics in March. The girls’ Great Nana (Karl’s paternal grandmother) gave the girls money to do something to fun. THANKS NANA!
Well when I told Brady that she would be starting ballet classes, she asked me if her prince would be there to dance with. That is what you get when her only exposure to ballet is the Nutcracker Ballet.
So yesterday we practiced putting up a bun. She immediately starting dancing around the house.
Today we stopped by the studio to sign her up and I got to peek at her recital costume! SO CUTE!!! Then we went to the dancewear shop to get the gear. Brady with all her ballet items, shoes, tights and leotard. Reese with her little gymnastic leotard.
I do have to say after all my years of hesitation, I am pretty pumped about seeing my girls doing activities they want to do badly. I am also REALLY excited about the May recital. I will try to get pictures this Friday of Brady’s first ballet class…
Booking my ticket for the recital today. Both of the girls are looking pretty cute in their new leotards especially Reese with her BB.
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! And just remember that they may not deal with body image issues at all:) These can be fun, wholesome, exercising activities that are good for their body and soul!!!!
ReplyDelete