Friday, January 21, 2011

A year in the Life of a Blog

 

One year ago, I started the journey of blogging. It has been quite a journey. I know for a fact I take a lot more pictures because I want to have just the right picture for the blog.

 

I blog for you. I LOVE reading all the blogs of my friends and a few syndicated blogs, so I want to pass the gift back to my friends and family. I hope that you have enjoyed this past year’s posts and don’t worry we are going strong and should continue through the next year.

 

Here are some facts (and well my personal opinion too) about the Orthner Outtakes blog:

 

  • As of right now there have been 6,429 views, 205 posts and 425 comments on the blog. That is on average 17.6 views,  0.56 posts and 1.2 comments a day.
  • My first blog post was about goals. I have met five of my six goals listed. The only goal that I am lacking in is the weight loss but I am working on that (sorta). I go to zumba three times a week, I am just having a hard time with will power when it comes to eating! Some of the goals on there are life long goals, but I feel like I have continued to grow in those areas.
  • My favorite posts are the running series: Wordless Wednesday and Orthnerisms/Bradyisms. I like the Wordless Wednesday because it is the easiest/quickest post to create. Plus it is a ‘scheduled’ post and I have found that I am addicted to schedules! I like the Bradyisms because it shows everyone the laughter and joy my girls bring me everyday!
  • Besides the day I posted the link to the blog on Facebook (I got 66 views that day) when I first started last year, yesterday had the most views…59 views!!!!! And I didn’t even add a post yesterday!

So I want to know who is out there and what you think of the blog. Leave a comment below please and tell me your favorite posts or how often you visit the blog or suggestions for future blog post…I want to know….

3 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-birthday! I'm so glad that you started this journey a year ago!!!! It sure does make the distance between NC and FL seem so much shorter!

    I love all your posts as I am a follower and check-in everytime there is a new post!!! And I love any of them that have pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason you got so many hits yesterday b/c everyone wanted to see karl playing that shiny guitar over and over again ;). i know i did. hehehe. j/k.

    love seeing the girls grow up. makes me feel like we're still somewhat "connected" even through the distance! miss our lunches! keep up the posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I am here. I love all the blogs. My favorite blog might surprise you-- it was your Veteran Day Blog.

    ReplyDelete