Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fat Tuesday

Sorry, I am lagging in posting lately, I struggle to stay up past 8:30 most nights, which doesn't really leave me spare time to post on the blog. This past weekend we celebrated Mardi Gras in downtown Pensacola. The wonderful thing about Pensacola (and Mobile) is that they have a couple day time parades that are kid friendly...no boobs and beer. I love exposing my girls to the fun culture of the deep south. Like last year, we found our spot and enjoyed another Mardi Gras tradition...King Cake. 

The weather was sprinkling or rainy the whole time but that didn't stop us from having LOADS of fun, but it did stop me from taking loads of pictures. I did get a picture of one of the AWESOME necklaces Reese was 'thrown' during the parade. Yes, she was fully clothed the whole time ;)

Interestingly though, she was also thrown a liquor bottle (empty) necklace. Yes, a necklace made out of 5 airplane liquor bottles. I told you I had to expose to the classy culture of the deep south!
 Here are the girls having fun with all the beads...notice the background too!
 Brady loved this bobbly head band she was thrown!
 Since we were rained on the whole time we had to spread out our goodies on towels to dry them off. Pace is staking out a moon pie ;).

I love the girls reliving the fun they had at the parade...

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a haul. Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They racked up! Sounds like it was lots of fun though!

    ReplyDelete