Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New and Improved

Santa brought Reese this lovely stool for her second Christmas (yes, she is one year 10 days old). It was great but we think Santa forgot to test its stability on clumsy 3 and 4 year olds. 

After numerous falls from its perch, I decided for the girls safety to remove the legs and have a floor puzzle for Reese in her room a couple of months ago. Reese was the least bit amused. So I asked our handy dandy friend, Jeff, if he could make it into a two step stool which is difficult to flip. Jeff did an awesome job!!! So thankful for his kindness. He even brought me the stool primed and ready for me to get creative.

Reese was SO SO SO excited about her new stool, and both girls wanted to help paint it. Why not? Right. So I started out with a blue background (Reese's choice, don't get upset NCSU fans). Than one morning while still in PJs I let the girls each have a side to paint at their pleasing. 




Here is their description of their masterpieces. 





While I was working on it one morning, Reese decided her part needed more glitter...

After changing the R pink and painting the requested fairies and purple flowers on the stool, this is the final STABLE outcome! Yes, it is busy, but Reese again loves it and that is what really matters.





2 comments:

  1. Great job, Orthner girls! Love the masterpieces by the girls, but am most impressed by your painting skills. Those fairies are great, Christy! What a beautiful and stable stool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The Orthner girls are very creative.

    ReplyDelete