Saturday, February 25, 2012

Orthnerisms: Figuring out how the world turns

Conversation about difference between public and private schools spurred from the sight of a school bus and Brady's question of why she doesn't ride one. Enter the middle of the conversation...

Brady: "Oh, so we go to a private school."

Yes

Reese: "We go to POTTY school!!!"

Huh?

Reese: "yeah, private school means potty school"

Then the conversation continues to describe the MULTIPLE meanings of private(s). Oh the English language...

Remember when Brady thought a 'rescue' dog is a superhero dog?

----------------------

Brady affectionately rubbing my belly..."Is Elli going to have dark skin or light skin?"

Karl (kidding) says "Yes, mommy, what color skin will Elli Dew have?"

I explain a (biological) baby has a mixture of their mommy and daddy's skin color.

Brady: "So can it be dark like your friend's baby in college?" Again, I get the eye from Karl ;)

Yes, Kathy, your sweet girl is still a topic of conversation in our family, Brady loved playing with her SO much...10 months ago! But this honest innocent inquiry allowed me to explain the beauty of adoption once again!

----------------------

Watching American Idol with Reese, she asks me...

"Do they have CDs in their mouths?"

I love this...which came first, the voice or the CD ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Your girls must keep you laughing :)

    ReplyDelete