Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Craft

First off I have to say (like almost everything we do) I got this craft idea from another source. I have to give Family Fun magazine all the credit.

So here is our CHEAP, ADORABLE Valentine's craft.

I had all the materials on hand except the doily and that the girls' preschool had so I simply asked for two extras.

Materials:


  • Shirts
  • Acrylic or Fabric Paint
  • Doily
  • Sponge brush
  • tape/glue stick
Step one: Attach doily using tape or light amount of glue stick. Glue stick has some advantage because you can glue the lacy parts down, thus it won't come up when you dap the brush. Make sure there is cardboard or newspaper inside the shirt so paint doesn't bleed. 
 Step Two: Sponge the paint onto holes of doily.
 Step Three: Remove doily, the website says wet, but I did it dry. I think either works.
 Step Four: Enjoy your daughters' adorable smiles as they happily display their new shirts.
I choose to do this craft when the kids were asleep. So they were very excited in the morning to see their new shirt. I love the outfit they both choose to coordinate with the shirts. 

3 comments:

  1. What a cuuuute idea! and they both do look darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! i think i need to make me one

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!!!! Love, love, love their shirts!

    ReplyDelete