Friday, March 5, 2010

FYI...easy way to follow blogs

My friend Tara has a blog that I love and read everyday. About a year ago she posted on her blog an easier to follow blogs (if you follow more than one) and I am so thankful for her tip. Now that I have a blog of my own,  I am going to pass the same great tip along. Hopefully it will help at least one person out and make your daily social networking a little easier...

So besides being able to sign up for email subscriptions to this blog that will inform you through email every time I submit a new post, there is a website that allows you to see all the new posts for all the blogs you follow on one page.

www.blogger.com   yes, it is the rival of wordpress.  I wanted to use them to do my blog but it messed up my photo website so I have to use wordpress for my blog.

Anyways, if you go to blogger.com you can sign up for an account or if you already have a google/gmail account you are all set. Just sign in and in the middle of the page, there is a section for "reading list" or blogs that you are following. So if you actively 'follow' a blogspot blog it will already show up. For all other blogs that you want to be on there, just copy and paste the website home address and add into your reading list.

Then everyday you can just check that one page and it will show you blurbs from news posts of each blog and then if you want to read the entire post you just click on the title...

I know I am not explaining it the best, but once you get in there and sign yourself up, you will love it...

ps-if I left something out of the explanation ask in a comment and I will reply with a comment to help you out!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of this. We have the blogger set up with our blog and I didn't even think that it would read a wordpress blog but it does! :) We miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! Yes, this is one of the best things that I ever learned!!!! So glad that it is helpful for you too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] FYI…easy way to follow blogs March 2010 2 comments [...]

    ReplyDelete