Monday, March 29, 2010

SUCCESS!!!

Let me tell you about my achilles heel of motherhood... POTTY TRAINING!!! Yes,  I would rather go through labor again, then try and conquer potty training. We have been at it for over a year, and for the most part can say Brady is potty trained but only when she is awake. I don't know why I thought this would be an easy process but it has been everything but.

So I have learned to count my blessings by baby steps when it comes to potty training. Our latest battle had been in morning when Brady would wake up she would immediately fill her diaper/pull-up with "stinky" even though she knows good and well to go to her bathroom. We figured out that she didn't feel like she could leave her room without our permission, so I came up with the idea of putting a little potty in her room. I resisted with this idea for awhile since she had never had a little potty before (she trained initially on the big potty with an insert). Well, the little potty in her room worked! Okay, here is where I am excited about posting.  Over a week's time,  I slowly moved the little potty towards her door, and then it spent two days in the hallway. About a week ago Karl figured out how to clip it onto the big potty, it is only the top half with the bucket.



Now, every morning without fail she walks out of her room to go "stinky"!!!! I love it!!!! The best part is when you ask her if she is using her little potty or her big potty she tells you it is her little potty but it flushes now!

Next battle, keeping her dry at night,  I think that is a battle I will win in 2-3 years (no kidding)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have had so much trouble with potty training!!!! Brady is such a smart girl, I wouldn't have dreramed that it would take her this long!!! Good thinkin' on yours and Karl's part about the potty:) And let me recommend a book to you that worked wonders for us: Pottywise. Maybe it would help you with Reese; it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete