Friday, March 12, 2010

True colors shine through

One of my favorite things about being a mother is getting to learn the individual personalities of my children. Each day, week, month you learn something new about them. Once a baby starts walking, however, I believe a whole lot comes flying at you about their personality...they choose which toys to go play with, when to go to their parents legs and beg to be picked up, when they want to eat by going to their high chairs, etc.

So recently I have learned that Reese is a homebody, just like her Daddy. She is happiest at home when she can get  up and play with toys/books and roam around at her freewill. I have already had to stop in the middle of grocery shopping twice because it was better that Reese be at home. Also, she is a schedule baby...nap at 9:30, eat at 7:30, 11:30 and 5:00. If 5:00 hits and there is no food in front of her....WATCH OUT!

Well, here is the tough part, Brady and I love to be out and about everyday! So I am currently working on finding a balance of the mixture of personalities (as far as daily activities). How do I go out and about so Brady can get the social interaction she needs (since we still don't have friends down here yet) and yet stay home so Reese is in her happy comfort zone....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...taking suggestions...

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Christy! This is every parent's dilemma...How to best meet the needs of each of their children! I find that my two enjoy being at home too, so we try to have an outing 2-3 times a week (on the weekdays), while spending the other days doing things around here. Hope you all will find the right balance for your family too!

    ReplyDelete