Brady has been wanting to do more and more around the house. But the more we let her do the more she wants to do it all by herself. I know that this isn't abnormal, she is a toddler testing her limits. We love watching her grow. Her latest thing is the dishwasher. Granted she has helped unload the dishwasher for well over a year now, but that would consist of her carrying whatever dish she picked up to me and I would put it in the appropriate spot. Now she wants to do every step from dishwasher to drawer. I love it, but obviously watch with the knives and get those out before she starts. Well, once we let that happen, not she wants to load the dirty dishes...I don't like touching them and didn't really want her touching them, but I don't want to say "NO" to an eager toddler wanting to contribute to the household chores.
So I washed all the dishes more than normal in the sink, placed them on the counter above the dishwasher so she could reach them. Brady dragged her stool over. And here is the result of her loading the dishwasher without Mommy's help...

Um, I think she did as well as her Daddy does on some nights...
I think Brady did an excellent job.
ReplyDelete